A healthy diet is most often tantamount to eating organic foods. Organic foods have the tendency to be high in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants compared to non-organic foods. It is not guaranteed, however, that organic foods have much better advantages when compared to well-researched non-organic items yet with much lesser pesticide residue in it.
Additionally, to improve fitness and performance are the two common reasons why people need to care about their nutrition, train for fitness, or perhaps join some sports activities does eggplant have protein. Having healthy diet should be on the top of the list in order to achieve the desired purpose. Listed below are top ten foods that can improve fitness, performance and health:
– Fruits. Most fruits give a wide variety of nutrients and antioxidants that the body needs. Berry fruits like strawberries and blackberries are rich in antioxidants much more than apples give. Though some fruits offer negative impact when excessively eaten, they still give good supply of nutrients to the body. For instance, bananas are known to be high in sugar; it should still be eaten since it is high in potassium that is good for blood circulation. Some fruits supply a good amount of carbohydrates that is needed for the body energy and healthy immune system.
– Green leafy veggies. Green veggies are good sources of anti-cancer agents and antioxidants. Regular consumption of this food group will certainly promote good health. This type of food is essential for those who are trying to lose weight. Most popular green and leafy vegetables are cabbage, lettuce, spinach, broccoli and similar herb types. Antioxidants give good protection from free radical damage which may be caused by weight training.
– Unsaturated Oils. Most seeds and nuts are rich in monounsaturated oils and omega-6. Polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats have the capacity to better blood cholesterol level when it is being used to replace animal fats. Having a good amount of these kinds of fats is known to be a good protection against heart and artery diseases. Olives, nuts except palm oil, avocado and seeds are good source of monounsaturated fats while polyunsaturated fats are usually found in safflower, certain nuts, sunflower and canola.
– Low fat milk. It is recommended, that in order to have proper weight training, an individual has to shun from saturated fats that raise the blood cholesterol level. Milk also gives a good supply of Vitamin D and calcium. Try using skim milk powder such as whey, cheeses and yogurt. Low-fat dairy products also supply amino acids and calcium that are good for rebuilding and bone maintenance.
– Grains. When doing weight training, it is recommended to have a good supply of carbohydrates for physical energy. Grains also are a good source of vitamins and minerals such as iron, zinc, magnesium, Vitamin E and Vitamin B. It can also reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
– Other types of vegetables. Eating vegetables especially raw are important for weight training. These are essential for the general health. Recommended rainbow or colored veggies includes red cabbage, peppers, beetroot, carrots, eggplant and sweet potato which are good source of anti oxidants, carotene, flavonoids, polyphenols and various other anti-cancer agents.
– Seafood and fish. Most oily fishy provide a good source of omega 3 fats which are important for normal body functions. They are also good for brain functions and give good protection against heart disease. Large fishes such as swordfish, tile fish and shark may not be a good source since they can contain organic pollutants and mercury. It is wise to go for much smaller fish and minimal consumption of crabs and shrimps.
– Leguminous foods. Legumes have a good supply of anti-oxidants. It also provides essential minerals such as iron, potassium and soluble fiber. When beans and nuts are consumed along with fruits, it can boost the human health and immunity.
The Omega three oils, or what are sometimes known as the Omega three essential fatty acids, are important to good health. It is now recognized that a deficiency of the essential fatty acids in our diet can have serious health consequences. Many people are aware that more Omega three fats in your diet can help reduce your risk of heart attack. Less people are aware that they are also good food for the brain.
The Omega three oils are found in a number of different food sources, but primarily they are found in fish. They originate from sea algae, which is eaten by small fish, which are then eaten by larger fish, and those all-important essential fatty acids are passed up the food chain. When we eat fish we too consume our portion of those essential fatty acids.
However sadly not so many of us eat fish nowadays, we tend to eat more burgers and fries and pizzas than fish. And although fish is full of healthy fats, burgers, fries and pizzas are not. For this reason scientists have discovered that because of changes in our diet which has limited our intake of the fatty acids found in fish we are now more prone to various lifestyle diseases.
And science has also uncovered the fact that the development and operation of the brain is heavily reliant on an adequate supply of DHA, the most important of the Omega three oils, right throughout life.